Saturday, December 17, 2016

Star Wars Mom

I called my mom today.  When my dad answered and I asked for my mom, my dad said, "You're calling because the thing told you to."  They've been paying attention to LIGHTtheWORLD, too.
On mormon.org there are suggestions with each day's theme.  Today's theme is "Jesus cared for His mother and so can you."  One of the "three simple ways to get involved" was, "Call your mother right now."  Looking down the page it gave other suggestions.  One of them was, "Seriously, call your mother."  My parents got a kick out of that just like I did. 
I love my parents.  They have always been such good examples to me.  I'm grateful to them for so many things and I do tell them often, not just when the thing tells me to.

December 17 is National Maple Syrup Day so Jr. and I made pancakes.
Here's a face Jr. Jr. made out of his food.

Then I left the kids in the afternoon/evening so Jeremy and I could go see the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One, just like we did last year with The Force Awakens.
Except this year the showing we went to was earlier in the day, and this year Jeremy built an X-Wing to be raffled off, and this year we invited a couple friends to come with us.  It was fun.  Nichole let me borrow her Gryffindor robe and I just safety pinned some black fabric over the patch.  With the hood up, Jeremy said I was very sith-like.
It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment