Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Scriptures and Pie

LIGHTtheWORLD today.  "Jesus read the scriptures and so can you."
A couple scriptures that came to mind (because I couldn't just pick one) when some sweet people from our ward brought over a pie and a Christmas card for us were:
Matthew 25:40  "...Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Mosiah 2:17  "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
Our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, have given us so much that a great way to show our gratitude is by serving others in the way Christ would.
These ward members are such good examples of Christlike service.  I'm grateful for their examples in so many ways from cards and pie to helping out at church to coming to choir.  They really do LIGHTtheWORLD and I feel so blessed to know them.

Another person who lights the world through scripture is my niece.  She is currently in the MTC, so while Jeremy, Lucky, and I were in Provo this afternoon, we drove home by way of the MTC (and Provo Temple) so I could show Lucky where his cousin is right now.
We've been getting emails from this niece and in her emails she shares scriptures that have made a difference to her.  They have been wonderful to read and have been such good reminders to me.  We really can learn so much from the scriptures.  In 1 Nephi 19:23 it says, "And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."  I love this reminder that the things we learn in the scriptures can apply to our lives now.
I sent an email to my niece today thanking her for the scriptures she shares that have been good reminders for me.  I'm glad she's making such good choices and for the example she is being to our family.

On a related but funny note, every morning for our Countdown to Christmas scripture study, Jeremy asks us questions based on what we read.  If we answer correctly we get an M&M from the vase.
This morning after asking the kids questions and while trying to decide what to ask me, the kids started chanting, "Ask Mommy.  Ask Mommy.  Ask Mommy."  After a while one of the kids changed it to, "Ask Mommy out," and all the kids joined in.  "Ask Mommy out.  Ask Mommy out."
Well, we do get to go see the new Star Wars movie in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. All of our children have lately been going around singing the song "Scripture Power," even the 2-year old.

    ReplyDelete