Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Because I Have Been Given Much

I didn't have to make dinner tonight.  I was going to do hot dogs for the kids before our Relief Society Christmas dinner and program but when we went early to practice we ended up staying there the whole time, helping set up.  All of our children helped.  Then they helped in the little program.  It was based on a little story, "Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect," about a little pine who opens up its branches to help animals in need and therefore isn't as "perfect" as the other trees in the forest.  The queen realizes its compassion and chooses it to be the Christmas tree.  Jeremy got to be the woodcutter and I got to be the queen and our kids my family who decorates the tree.
My family did get to eat food at the activity since they didn't get hot dogs beforehand.
Speaking of food, "Jesus fed the hungry and so can you."  What a blessing that we do have food.  What a blessing that sometimes I can't figure out where to put groceries because there is so much food in our pantry and freezer.  What a blessing that I have six people in my family to feed, with a loving husband and wonderful children.  I am so blessed.  "Because I have been given much I too must give."  To LIGHTtheWORLD today, I went to the grocery store and donated money to the local food bank/food pantry.  I wanted to do it earlier in the day but so much was going on, I wasn't able to make it until after the Relief Society dinner.  Then I had to decide if I was really going to go out again tonight or just wait until tomorrow, but then would I have gone out tomorrow since there's so much going on that day?  No.  I really wanted to donate today and not put it off, so I did.  As Jeremy and I like to say, "The best way to get something done is to do it."
I'm grateful that so many grocery stores in our area participate in helping people donate to the food bank.  That is also a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. I think Ben Parker also said something or other about great responsibility...

    Good Word. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. We can learn a lot from superhero movies. ;)

      Delete