Monday, December 26, 2016

A New Holiday

Now that blogging about LIGHTtheWORLD is over (don't worry, we'll still do service), I may start talking about holidays again.  We found a new holiday.  December 26- besides being National Candy Cane Day (I was reminded recently of how we celebrated that one in 2013- check it out)- is also Wren Day.  Oh yeah.
We went out in search of a Pacific Wren up near South Fork Park to celebrate.  Jeremy saw one recently.  I hadn't seen one and didn't find it today.  Oh well.  The kids had fun playing in the snow and we saw a whole lot of deer and wild turkeys.  There were so many turkeys on the ground and up in trees.  It was so fun to see.
I was not upset that I didn't get to see the Pacific Wren.  I'll try again another time.  It was a beautiful afternoon/evening.  The roads were clear but there was plenty of snow on the sides and on the trees. 
Wonderful nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment