Monday, December 19, 2016

Calming the Storm

"Jesus calmed the storm and so can you."  I like what mormon.org says for LIGHTtheWORLD about this one.  "Jesus understood that life's storms can take many shapes.  Some storms rain down from the sky; other tempests come from within.  The Master can calm all storms.  When we follow His example, we can be a light in the lives of those going through turbulent times."  This one kind of went through two days for me.  I donated to Humanitarian Aid yesterday and I experienced some of my own "turbulent times."  It wasn't anything major, which is a relief, but I had some trouble with some of my children during Sacrament Meeting.  Many of you have been there.  Several people comforted me with hugs and encouraging words afterward.  I mentioned also that my friend offered to let my kids come over to her house for a while (which I took her up on with the two youngest boys).  I appreciate those acts of service given to me to help calm my storm.
Today I went shopping.  As I shopped my thoughts were toward looking out for others who may be in need of a simple act of kindness if they were having a troubled time.  As my items were about to be rung up by the cashier, I noticed that the person in front of me was leaving without a couple of her bags.  I ran after her and let her know so that she wouldn't have that "storm" to deal with.  It was a simple act of service, but I'm grateful that I had prepared myself to help when the need arose.

On a bit different note, this evening we had Family Home Evening.  Our three-year old was in charge of the lesson and decided to talk about Jesus.  It was so cute.  Here are some of the things he said during his lesson and our discussion:
Jesus was a baby.  He was in a basket.  He was in a manger where the animals ate from. Did the animals eat Jesus? The animals ate straws, and cups, and the table. Jesus was in the table. Jesus was a sheep. Jesus was asleep. Jesus was a baby. At Christmastime.

It was so cute.  Then for our activity, Jr. decided we should have a snuggle party on the couch while watching a movie.
Awww.  Snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment