Saturday, December 10, 2016

Ouch

This evening, I slipped on a box of pop cans in the kitchen.  Ouch.  Lucky saw that I was sad and brought me a blanket to put on me while I was lying on the floor.  Later, while I was sitting on the couch, he came up to me, gave me a hug, and said, "I'm sorry you slipped on the pop cans."  Way to LIGHTtheWORLD, little guy.  Jeremy offered to help me up while I was on the floor.  I said, "I can get up."  He told me, "Jesus helped people walk and so can you."  The theme for LIGHTtheWORLD for today.  He's so cute.  I almost told Jeremy to take a picture of me on the floor to put on my blog then decided not to.  You get this picture, though.
Earlier in the day, Nichole and I went to see the Nutcracker ballet like we did last year.  Great bonding time again.  We took Nichole's ballet bear again. 
Wow.  Ballet is amazing.  It is so amazing seeing the strength and technique of those dancers.
On our way to the ballet, Nichole and I talked about what things could be done in service to go along with the theme.  She told me that there is a girl at school who is using crutches because she broke her toe doing gymnastics.  If she was at school, she could help her out.  I told her that when she gets back to school she could do just that.  Sometimes it's good to think about things that you can do for others, even when the opportunity isn't right in front of you.
I also encouraged Nichole to work on her ballet exercises her teacher assigned them to practice.  The dancers in the Nutcracker work very hard at what they do.  You can tell they practice a lot.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment