Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Humbug

Honestly, if I wasn't doing LIGHTtheWORLD, I wouldn't be writing this blog post.  Late nights and early mornings are catching up to me (Ah, the season of Christmas).  I need to go to bed so I'm going to make this quick.  I guess that works for Humbug Day which is December 21, right?  Actually, this evening we let the kids watch The Muppet Christmas Carol after they made balloon ornaments to put on our balloon tree.  That's how we really celebrated Humbug Day.

O.K.  Back to making this quick.  The theme for LIGHTtheWORLD today was "Jesus forgave others and so can you."  I chose to laugh a lot instead of get upset a lot today with my children.  That included when they were jumping on me or right in my face during Christmas singing performances at the school.  It helped me be less grumpy and was a good reminder that they are special little people who need to be treated well even if I might normally get frustrated.
I can't put all my thoughts and feelings into words right now since I need to go to bed so this is just a little something.  Service in our families is just as important as service to others outside our home and how we treat others can definitely be a service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment