Friday, December 16, 2016

Something Simple

Let me tell you something very simple I'm learning from LIGHTtheWORLD this year.  As it is so simple, I'm sure many of you already realize it.  Here goes:
Sometimes with service, I don't know what to do.  I'll be at home thinking, I should do service, but I don't know how to serve.  What should I do for someone?  I now know what to do- just do something.
Through these 25 days I'm realizing that as I get out to serve others, I recognize more opportunities to serve.  It's like with faith.  The more we exercise our faith, our trust in Jesus Christ, the more faith and trust we have in Him, the more He is able to help us grow.  We also grow through service.  And just like with faith, one of the things that really helps with service is prayer.  An idea of what to do for service may not come right as you pray (sometimes it does), but as you are in the process of prayerfully helping others, you are able to recognize needs around you, ways to show kindness, love, and compassion.  "Jesus showed compassion and so can you." 
Service can be big.  Service can be little.  But serving with love absolutely brings us closer to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment