Sunday, March 22, 2015

When Things Don't Go According To Plan

You know those days when you make plans to be selfish and it just doesn't work out?
March 22 is National Goof Off Day.  I even put on the menu plan for dinner, "Fend For Yourself and Your Little Brothers."  That and water since it's also World Water Day.
Remember the Saturday challenge we did a few years ago?  I put balloon fragments on cups again to remind the kids to drink plenty of water on World Water Day.
Besides that, I planned to do some quick phone calls and emails for my calling after church, then get to the goofing off part and work on a youtube video or two.
The phone calls and emails ended up lasting a lot longer than expected, but they were for good things.  Lucky's nap didn't last as long as I would have liked so that put a damper on my selfishness because I just had to take care of the baby.  And he wouldn't let me play on my keyboard uninterrupted. 
I figured I'd end up having to make dinner anyway, but Jeremy made taco salad.  Thanks, Jeremy.
The computer was occupied all afternoon/evening so I couldn't work on my videos, but I did play some games on Jeremy's netbook and I eventually got some time to record some music on my keyboard.
There was some Wii playing among the kids so there was plenty of goofing off.  I just didn't do as much as I planned (although I didn't really expect to spend all afternoon goofing off).
I didn't pay attention to the time (you don't pay attention to the time while you're goofing off) so the kids got to bed later than they should have.  Oops.
And now I'm working on a blog post while goofing off playing MarioKart.  Jeremy says I'm quite the multi tasker.
I think I'll go drink some water then play some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment