Saturday, March 14, 2015

Epic Pi Day

Some of the first numbers of pi are 3.141592653 so today's date, 3/14/15, makes it an epic Pi Day.  There are so many people celebrating in so many ways.
We searched for circles all over.  It's amazing how many round things there are.
Round pancakes on round plates and round lemon slices in round cups
Round rings and round watches
Round cupcakes that a friend gave me
Eyes
At dinner I pointed out that bananas aren't circular.  Jeremy and Nichole both corrected me and pointed out that at a certain angle they are.

We also had some fun with some of the numbers of pi.  If you type 3.1415 on the calculator then turn it around it spells "SIhIE" so I went around calling out, "Si-hie!" in our home.
We got some pictures of certain times on clocks.
The date
3:14 and 15 seconds.  3.1415
3/14/15 at 9:26 and 53 seconds. 3.141592653

Of course some pies were made.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Jeremy told me that since there were two of them it made "pie squared."  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Apple Pie
Even though I didn't make an apple pie on Johnny Appleseed Day, I made sure that I made one today.  Partly because today is my friend, Tiffany's, birthday and a few years ago she told me I should make a pie for her birthday.  It worked out this year.  So Tiffany, Happy Birthday.  Here is your birthday pie on this epic pi day.

No comments:

Post a Comment