Friday, January 24, 2014

Peanut Butter is So Great!

January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day.  January 24 is also National Compliment Day.  We were giving each other lots of compliments today.  And peanut butter is so easy to use any day.  We had peanut butter on tortillas.  The kids had apples with peanut butter for after school snack.  We also had snacks of peanut butter on spoons.  For dinner, we had pancakes and several of us had peanut butter on our pancakes.  I'll compliment peanut butter by saying "Peanut butter is so great!"
We watched the movie, Matilda, and talked about how some of the characters didn't compliment others much, but Miss Honey did compliment others quite a bit.

And since I didn't get any pictures of peanut butter or complimenting, I'll tell you about the handmade gifts I did for Christmas this year.  Rice warmers.

Nichole and Jr. asked me to make rice warmers for them after I did for a friend a while back.  It only took me about 2 1/2 years to finally getting around to making them.  They were happy to get them for Christmas and I made one for Jr. Jr. and one for Jeremy as well.  The kids' all were shaped like the one I made for the friend, but Jeremy's was long with all four segments stretched out. 

It's so he can wrap it around his neck or shoulders on cold mornings.  He was happy with it, too.
I never got pictures of the kids' rice warmers laid out on a flat surface, so I got pictures of them being used they way they are used.  Here you go:




1 comment: