Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Room of One's Own Day

A Room of One's Own Day, January 25, is a holiday that I'd like to celebrate every year.  To have a day to myself in my room doing what I want to do- reading, watching movies, doing crafts, resting, whatever I want.  It's a good excuse for Me Time since it is a holiday.  But having a room to myself doesn't always work out.
Last year I was able to take some time for myself in my room. 
I didn't blog about it, but the year before last I was able to celebrate the holiday with some relaxing time in my room.  I was reading The Secret Garden and was able to eat snacks and Jeremy even made me a lovely garden salad to fit the theme- a secret garden salad.  I do appreciate him.
This year the time in my room was spent taking care of Lucky.  
The rest of my time was spent catching up on some dishes and laundry and taking care of the kids.  Oh well.  My family's worth it.  Nichole and I had a nice talk this afternoon.  The boys and I had a nice dinner together while Nichole and Jeremy were out this evening. 
I'll try to take some Me Time soon even if it's not for a specific holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment