Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Argyle Elvis

January 8 is Argyle Day.  January 8 is also Elvis' Birthday.  Jeremy and I were trying to figure out how to celebrate these two holidays.  I mentioned that I've been watching a lot of movies lately.  The closest thing we have to an Elvis movie is Lilo & Stitch.  Jr. Jr. watched that movie today while I took a nap.
For Argyle Day, I realized we don't have any Scottish movies.  We have several Irish movies, but not Scottish movies.  And the weather was not the kind of weather to run to the library to pick up Brigadoon or something today.
Jeremy did find a music video on youtube about argyle socks.  We watched that.
While Jr. was doing a homework project of decorating a snowman picture, I joked that he should give his snowman argyle socks.  It didn't happen.
And now as I finish this blog post, I'm listening to Weird Al's song, "Velvet Elvis."

No comments:

Post a Comment