Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Bird Day to You, Sherlock Holmes

Yesterday, January 5, was National Bird Day.  I spent some time looking through a book about birds of Utah.  It made me smile because quite a few of them I've seen around, but I learned some facts about them from the book.
Some of the birds in the book were these:
Crow

Redwing blackbird

Robin

Mallard

Goldfinch

Mourning dove

Some of these pictures are like a game- Can you spot the bird in this picture?

Today, January 6, is Sherlock Holmes' Birthday.  I know National Trivia Day is over, but I celebrated Sherlock Holmes' birthday by watching a Sherlock Holmes movie while thinking of some actors I know played Sherlock Holmes and other things I've seen them in. 
Here are some:
Basil Rathbone- He's in The Court Jester which I watched recently.
Jeremy Brett- He's in My Fair Lady which I watched recently.
Michael Caine- He's in The Muppet Christmas Carol which I watched recently.
Robert Downey Jr.- He's in The Avengers which I watched recently.
Benedict  Cumberbatch- He's in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey which I watched recently.
I've been watching a lot of movies lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment