Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Room of One's Own Day (Observed)

You know how you have plans for something, or to celebrate a certain way, and it doesn't turn out exactly the way you wanted?  I had that happen this week.
January 25 was A Room of One's Own Day.  Friday wasn't going to work for me, so I wanted to celebrate A Room of One's Own Day (Observed) on Thursday.  I had it planned.  I was going to be motivated and get so much done earlier in the week, then Thursday I could spend all day in my room doing whatever I wanted.  I would watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  I would clean off my bureau.  I'd relax.  Thursday was going to be my day in my room.
Monday was good.  Jeremy and got to go see The Hobbit.  Kids got to play with friends.  Then I got sick.  I spent Tuesday lying on the couch.  I did get some naps in.  My wonderful husband took care of so much.  He and Jr. cleaned the kids' room.  He actually motivated that little kid to help.  Wow.  Wednesday was a little better, but I still didn't feel up to going out.  Since I missed a meeting for church that evening, I spent that time on lds.org getting ready for another meeting coming up.  I got so much out of it that I got up Thursday morning (feeling much better) to continue.  I spent quite a bit of time researching what I needed, some in the living room, some in my room. 

But I didn't do as much on my day in my room as I thought I would.  Or I didn't do as much as I was planning.  I still did a lot.  I didn't watch any Lord of the Rings.  I didn't get around to cleaning off the bureau.  But I did get quite a bit done in there.  I got some things packed away in the closet.  I made my bed.  I fixed some things that needed fixing. 

I uncovered a lot of floor space.  I still have some boxes to go through.  When Jeremy was cleaning his office, a lot of stuff ended up in our room.  It's a step in the right direction, though.
 Before and After
And I didn't spend the whole day in my room.  I did some dishes and laundry because I wasn't able to when I was sick.  I joined the family for A Wrinkle in Time reading at bedtime.

So, a room of one's own.  Sort of.  Not exactly as I had planned, but still good.  Flexibility.  That's important.  And progress.  That's important, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment