Thursday, August 5, 2021

Nature Bonding

Jr. Jr., Nichole, and I got up early and went up to the Nebo Bench Trailhead again then down to the water trough. It wasn't as successful a morning birding as it was when I went on Pioneer Day and when Nichole and Jeremy went on Father Daughter Take a Walk Day. We still enjoyed being in nature, though. 


We stopped at the Beaver Dam Overlook because the mist was gorgeous down in the valley.


When I went the week before there were so many mourning doves. I don't think I saw any robins. This morning, there were so many robins everywhere. It is interesting how you can see different things on different days. We still didn't see any crossbills. I'm glad Nichole got to see some when she went with Jeremy. We did hear American three-toed woodpecker drumming, though, and may or may not have seen one in the trees really far away.

Jr. Jr. was happy to have control of the camera on the drive back down. 

I forgot to get a picture of the three of us together at the trough so I made sure we got pictures on the way down. So did Jr. Jr.

That was a nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment