Sunday, August 1, 2021

Family History Celebrating

I have gotten into telling the kids family history stories from time to time when something reminds me of something. For example, when Nichole was a toddler, she went through a phase where she wouldn't fall asleep unless she had shoes on her feet. We had to take them off her after she was asleep. 
We've told the kids stories of our grandmas, some of them even remember their Great Grandma Midge who had a candy machine in her home and they were able to use a penny to get a handful of M&Ms when we would visit. She also had a wall full of pictures of her grandkids and great grandkids and she would know everyone's name and who they belonged to. Ah, family history.
For Hot Fudge Sundae Day on July 25, I helped Lucky make hot fudge sauce from a recipe that I got from my grandma. Then we put it on ice cream with whatever toppings we wanted. I personally love ice cream with hot fudge sauce and peanuts making it a kind of peanut buster parfait. Good memories of those growing up.
 
Besides the hot fudge sundaes, the other kids made dinner that night. It was simple. Jr. made eggs and bacon, Jr. Jr. made pasta, and Nichole contributed bananas.
 
The next night's dinner was also simple... sort of. Nichole wanted egg salad sandwiches and she wanted French bread so I ended up making french bread rolls from Mel's Kitchen Cafe to make into the sandwiches. We also had a side of bow tie pasta with broccoli from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again. I'm getting use out of my birthday/Mother's Day present.

1 comment:

  1. I let the kids each have a roll before dinner. With mouth full, Jr. Jr. mumbled, "Mmmm, you should definitely make these again." I will. Another successful recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

    ReplyDelete