Saturday, July 17, 2021

Birthday Macaroni

Like me, Nichole wanted to celebrate her birthday with a trip to nature. So for Father Daughter Take a Walk Day on July 7, Nichole and Jeremy got up early and headed up Nebo Loop. They listened for owls (and heard a few, though they didn't see any) and then took a walk/short hike to a spot where there was a water trough that birds like to come visit. 
Jeremy got one lifer and Nichole got two that day, red crossbills and an American three-toed woodpecker. I've still never seen a crossbill (but I want to) but I got to see a three-toed woodpecker when I went on a birding fieldtrip to Mirror Lake when I was pregnant with Jet.

When we were planning for the day, Jr. pointed out how last year for Father Daughter Take a Walk Day, Jeremy and Nichole walked into the music store to get her a new violin.
Jr.: You should do that again this year except get her a cello and then you should give me that cello on my birthday.
Mom: I think cellos cost more than violins.
Jr.: Yes, because they're better.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. That kid.
 
As it was National Macaroni Day, Nichole requested Jeremy make a macaroni and cheese he makes with polish sausages in it. As it was also World Chocolate Day, she requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

And because we were celebrating her Sweet 16, Jeremy and I gave her 16 sweets. She got a kick out of it, when I dumped a bag of 16 candies on her. All the boys wondered if they could have some so we told them when they have their Sweet 16. ;)

Nichole got a drawing book about drawing birds. It was one she had used before and was happy to now own it. Lucky made her a Rito, a bird person from some of The Legend of Zelda games. It was a certain one and Lucky positioned it so it was pointing up like in the game.

We discovered that day that someone else in the family really likes watermelon, which Nichole also requested for her birthday. 
We found him sneaking some that night from the bowl on the table. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment