Tuesday, August 31, 2021

First Weekend of School

Since we survived the first week of school, the kids and I celebrated by driving Nebo Loop.
We stopped to hike to Grotto Falls. It's been a while (since August 2016) and it was on our Summer wishlist. We are still doing some activities on our list now that school has started but it's still technically Summer.
Jr. Jr. and Lucky demonstrated how to get the mud off your shoes.

We had a picnic at Devil's Kitchen and were silly.
Lucky got silly being "scared" of a wasp. 
Jr. Jr. was silly when the sun came out from behind the clouds.
"No. No. Push it away."
 
Nichole and I picked a time to get a picture of the two of us when the sun came out, too.
Nichole: It's too bright.
Mom: Must keep eyes open.

It was a great trip driving Nebo Loop.

It was World Honey Bee Day on August 21. I made Maple and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin from Six Sister's Stuff but with a roast instead. I wanted something that could be in the slow cooker while we were gone on our outing. It had honey in it.

I've decided I don't make pretty food. I make edible food. It's not nicely presented. Oh well. I'm not trying to win any awards. I'm just trying to feed my family.
 
That day was also Brazilian Blowout Day. We thought about making Brazilian Limeade but there were no recipes we really wanted to do so Jr. ended up making his mint lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment