Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Mom's Day Off

I learned recently that the first Friday in September every year is National Lazy Mom's Day. So I made it clear to everyone in my family in advance that Friday, September 4, was going to be Mom's Day Off. The kids would have to put dinner together that night because I wasn't going to do it.
That morning, Jet and I slept in, Jeremy made sure all the kids got off to school okay and when Jet woke, Jeremy gave him some breakfast while I rested some more.
I explained how I didn't want to just sit around all day. I wanted to get out and since September 4 is also National Wildlife Day, Jeremy suggested I go for a drive up Nebo Loop. Yes! So Jet and I headed out. 
My brother has been juggling all sorts of places lately (Oregon Coast, Redwoods, Mt. Hood) and has been taking videos of himself doing so. They're on his YouTube channel, PacoJuggles. I've been wanting to do more juggling to exercise my arms and Paco inspired me so I took juggling balls up Nebo Loop and did some juggling while Jet and I were up there.
The leaves on the trees were already starting to change colors in some places so that's one of the first things I did- juggling with the Fall colors.

I'll tell you one thing. Taking care of an infant is not lazy so Mom's day off (plus baby) was actually a lot of work. Jet may have slept for the first little while but once he was awake, he was ready to be out doing things. That included helping me juggle and that is even more exercise juggling while holding a baby. And setting up cameras for taking pictures and videos while juggling a baby and juggling balls? Whew. Good exercise.
We stopped at several places and Jet spent some time asleep, some time in the stroller, some time in my arms, and some time in the van eating or playing.
He discovered a new game. Grab the seatbelt and pull it then let go then grab it, pull it, and let go again.
And once he was out and about, he did not want to be put back in the car seat. It was necessary to move on to the next spot, though, where we could get out and move around again.
Beaver Dam Overlook

Utah Lake Overlook

9000 feet!

By the time we reached Devil's Kitchen, Jet was asleep again, so he missed out on the juggling there and I didn't get a picture of the two of us with the rock formations. Oh well.

We finished the loop and headed home. Jr. made dinner and gave us all pretzel sticks and more chocolate chips than I normally allow for a treat because September 4 was Eat an Extra Dessert Day. He didn't have time to make a fancier dessert.
We did scripture study, the kids went to bed, and I fell asleep on the couch. 
By the way, I did see wildlife while we were up there. Here is a list of some of what I saw:
squirrel, bugs, turkey vulture, dead squirrel, cows, horses (those last two are more livestock than wildlife), buteo, kettle of turkey vultures, kestrel, more bugs, loud bugs, buteo with another kettle of turkey vultures, deer, almost dead squirrels (good thing I slowed down), someone's dog?, another very live squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment