Monday, March 25, 2024

What Jr. Missed

Jr. was so busy with the play, but a couple days after it closed, he went on tour to California with the orchestras from his and that other high school.
I made sure to get a picture before he left and one after he got back. I missed the going picture when Nichole went two years ago.

We had a few celebrations while Jr. was gone. March 14 (3/14) was Pi Day. It was also National Potato Chip Day. We had chicken enchiladas and verde rice with potato chips and apple pie (made in our pi plate) for dessert. I used some substitutions in the dinner.
 
March 15 was the Ides of March. Beware the Ides of March. Beware too many dishes. I had planned on making certain food for dinner that day but was overwhelmed with dishes so... I washed dishes but still managed to make Caesar Salad and Orange Juliuses for dinner. (Julius... Caesar...). So better than I thought at the beginning of the day but not what I was originally planning. Oh well.
March 15 was also Everything You Think is Wrong Day. I had kids trying to convince me to let them do things by pointing out what I thought was wrong when I said No.

March 16 we went to Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge. 
That evening we had corn dog muffins for National Corn Dog Day.
 
March 17 was St. Patrick's Day, of course. Earlier in the week, Lucky, Jet, and I watched a concert at the Orem Library.

"A Season of Family Meal Plans" has suggestions for meals for certain major holidays. Fits me, doesn't it? You know I like to celebrate with food.
According to their St. Patrick's Day suggestions, I made Irish Stew, Irish Soda Bread, and Lucky Buddies.
After dinner, I went to a Relief Society Devotional and Testimony Meeting with a group of women from my ward. We kept adding sisters from our ward to the pew we were sitting in. We filled it up. Afterward there were green donuts for refreshments.
Jeremy texted me that evening. "March 17th is not only St. Patrick's Day. It is also the feast day of St. Gertrude of Nevelles. She is the patron saint of cats and those who love them. I love my KAT!" Tee Hee.

So that's what Jr. missed. I picked him up late that night and made him go to school the next morning. I'm that mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment