Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Valentine's Day 2024

I made plans on Valentine's Day since Jeremy had the day off. They were kind of surprise plans for him and the kids helped me out.
At the beginning of the day, I put "10 Things I Love About You" notes around for all the family members. I put them in places they would see them (sticking out of backpacks or scripture bags, sitting on Jeremy's wallet). Since Jeremy saw Nichole that day, he brought her my note and brought her a treat and Valentine. 
The "10 Things I Love About You" notes were printables from Jordan Page at funcheaporfree.com
Lucky created a fun penguin box for his class Valentines out of a cardboard box and balloons (and a little bit of construction paper). Jeremy helped just a little bit to give him instruction and get him started but Lucky did the majority himself.
I made heart shaped pizza dough for the boys to make pizza. Jeremy made me a Valentine.
After the boys got home from school, Jeremy and I headed out on our date (see me wearing my "date" shirt?). We tried a new birding spot- Powell Slough Wildlife Management Area- which is not very far from where we live. We were able to get half the birds needed for that location for this year's UCB challenge. Woohoo.
We skipped going to a crowded restaurant on Valentine's Day but did go to Winco to pick up our traditional date food- salads. Then we found a spot near the lake to park our van and eat. It was too dark to see the water or any birds by the time we got there but it was still nice and we could see city lights. After we ate I pulled out some conversation jelly beans to read and eat together and we also talked a lot. We always have plenty to chat about. I love that about our relationship.
When we got home we found a card that Lucky made us along with a bouquet of cookie flowers the boys made (I asked them to do that as part of the surprise for Jeremy). They also turned on relaxing romantic piano music for ambience.
Then it was Jeremy's turn to surprise me. After I changed my clothes I came out to find a bouquet of actual flowers (roses), an amber necklace to go with my Jurassic Park shirt (amber- Jurassic Park, get it?), and chocolate. He's a sweetheart.
It was a beautiful Valentine's Day. I love my family.
This is an example of the Valentines Lucky gave out to his class (and Nichole). There were three different sayings with the same picture.
 
I am glad the weather was good for birding on Valentine's Day because the next day we got lots of precipitation.
The next day was also National Gumdrop Day. I ate a few gumdrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment