Thursday, June 1, 2023

Celebrating Holidays in March

Started this post back in April but you know... chaos... then Jr. Jr. and Lucky like to "help" with my blog posts.
 
Bear with me as I have a whole month of holidays to talk about so I won't remember all of them especially if I didn't take pictures.
March 1: Share a Smile Day. I already posted the picture I took that day of Jet, Lucky, and I sharing a smile. I posted it on March 26, 2023.
March 2: Dr. Seuss' Birthday. We had green shelled eggs from neighbors' chickens. We also had ham. We ate breakfast burritos.


March 3: I Want You To Be Happy Day. Going to the library makes Nichole happy. Running around the library makes Jet happy.

March 7: National Cereal Day. Some of us had cereal. Some of us had cheese and pickle sandwiches.
March 8: Kenneth Grahame's Birthday. We had The Reluctant Dragon checked out of the library for this.
Also National Proofreading Day. Nichole wrote.
March 15: Ides of March. Lucky was quite happy we had Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps.
March 16: National Panda Day. "Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?"

Also Artichoke Hearts Day. We may or may not have had alfredo pizza with artichoke hearts. I'm leaning toward we did.
March 17: St. Patrick's Day. We wore green.
March 18: Sloppy Joe Day. Jeremy made us sloppy joes and onion roasted potatoes while the kids and I were out. I tried to get a picture of all of us. It wasn't easy so I made the comment that the picture was horrible so I needed to try again. Lucky commented, "Why is the picture horrible? Oh, because of your face?" Don't exactly know how to take that.

March 19: Poultry Day. Cooked chicken drumsticks and made some Indian food to go with them because we had ingredients we needed to use up.

Also Let's Laugh Day. Have you met my family? Of course there was laughing.
March 20: Vernal Equinox/First Day of Spring and National Snowman Burning Day. Jr. Jr.'s Family Home Evening activity- making paper snowmen and burning them. We started with a jar and ended on a pie plate which worked better. 
I was going to make snowman sandwiches for dinner. Grilled cheese snowman sandwiches. We had had grilled cheese and grilled pb&j but forgot the raisins so they weren't snowman sandwiches.
March 21: French Bread Day. These loaves turned out gorgeous if I do say so myself.

March 28: Something on a Stick Day. I made pizza muffins and ham and cheese muffins and we ate them on toothpicks. 

March 29: Manatee Appreciation Day. I went around singing "Barbara Manatee" most of the day.
There. I did it. Blogged about holidays in March. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment