Monday, March 14, 2022

International Women's Day 2022

There was so much potential for a fun picture last year on International Women's Day, March 8.
This year, I made sure we got that picture even if it was 11 o'clock at night when we finally did.

International Women. I have Jeremy's whip from Hungary on my lap. I'm reading a book by Carola Dunn, originally from England who later moved to Oregon (It was also National Oregon Day- note one of the books on my lap is "On to Oregon," and of course I'm originally from Oregon, not far from where Carola Dunn moved). Nichole is reading "The Reluctant Dragon" and I'm holding "The Wind in the Willows" both by Kenneth Grahame who was from Great Britain. Now he's not an International woman but March 8 is his birthday. Note the "reluctant" dragon trying to climb off Nichole's shoulder. Of course it's fun to throw in eating "graham" crackers on Kenneth Grahame's birthday. Then Nichole is "proofreading" her book for National Proofreading Day.

Oh, yes. I'm quite pleased with how this picture turned out this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment