Saturday, April 3, 2021

Not Authentic? No Problem.

March 24 was National Cheesesteak Day. I don't worry about authentic a lot as long as I can celebrate and we can create good memories and traditions. I mean just look at National Cereal Day and the tradition of having cheese and pickle sandwiches that day- not so cereal authentic is it? So I knew for this holiday I wasn't going to get real real cheeseteaks and that didn't matter.
So I turned to Mel's Kitchen Cafe once again and adapted her french bread rolls to make buns. I also adapted her cheesesteak subs recipe to make ourselves cheesesteak sandwiches. They may not have been authentic but they were tasty. 

The buns turned out somewhat thin so the kids kept calling them breadsticks (thick breadsticks) and kept asking for the leftover breadsticks.
Jr. Jr. and Lucky ended up having a lot of fun with the "breadsticks" and even made a song.
 
Jr. Jr.: Super super breadsticks breadsticks breadsticks. Super super breadsticks breadsticks breadsticks breadsticks.
And I end it like this.
Super super breadstiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks.
Chomp. 

On another note, I asked Nichole to help me with the dough. I had her punch it down when it was time. She was such a good helper. Bwah ha ha ha. (Especially look closely at that last picture)

Not authentic? No problem. Sometimes it's fun to see how creative you can get with the holidays.



No comments:

Post a Comment