Thursday, June 15, 2023

Rationalizing Birding

I mentioned in January that Nichole was taking digital photography again. She entered several (about
11) pictures in a photography show at the high school. She got honorable mention for a Photoshopped photo of her brother as fairies.
 

That picture and one she took of a burrowing owl were on display in the art hall for a while before the show.
 
Here are some of my other favorites from the photography show:
 
One morning, Jeremy and I took Nichole out to Manila Creek Pond. You know... so she could get some photos of Common loons and Caspian terns. We just happened to enjoy watching the birds, too. The terns are so fun to watch as they dive in to get fish in the pond. We were there early enough to hear the loons calling, too. I loved it.

There were also Canada geese and mergansers and mallards and cormorants and a killdeer I kept hearing and finally spotted.
 
The things we do to support our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment