Sunday, March 28, 2021

Bonding-ish Time

I love my family. I love doing things with my family as a whole or with individual members. Hence bonding time and family activities. 
Sometimes it is absolutely amazing.
Sometimes... not so much.
Here's how bonding time sometimes goes:
Schedule it in advance. We're going to do it on a Friday afternoon. The other kids will take care of the baby and we will do something just us together. 
Mom: O.K. March 19 is Chocolate Caramel Day. Let's make hot chocolate and put caramel syrup in it then drink it while doing something. 
Child: Yeah. I'll play a video game while you're making the hot chocolate.
Mom: O.K. But you won't be able to play very long. Be aware of that.
Time passes.
Mom: The hot chocolate is done. Time to get off the game.
Time passes. 
Time passes.
Mom: You need to turn the game off now.
Time passes.
Time passes.
Other child: Mom, Jet's awake.
Mom: O.K. I'll take him since "Child" and I aren't doing bonding time anyway. You guys can all come out now. We've got to make dinner.
Child: But what about our bonding time?

Sigh. To make a long story short, that child drank his hot chocolate while I got chicken drumsticks prepared (for Poultry Day on March 19) and put in the oven then he and I finally went out for a walk/scooter ride with Jet. 
 
Other things that happened that day. Lucky read to Jet for International Read to Me Day.
Nichole and Lucky were silly and danced around for Let's Laugh Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment