Friday, January 14, 2022

Peculiar People Day 2022

When my mom heard Peculiar People Day was on January 10 her response was, "I am proud to have a day just for me!"
That's right except she can't have it all to herself. She has to share it with us. This is one we can always celebrate without even trying but it's fun to try. 
If you've been to my blog enough times, you know that orange soda is kind of our family drink. It's chosen quite often for birthdays and when we eat Hungarian food (though sometimes it's a different flavor). So for Peculiar People Day this year we had orange soda with our dinner. We also had a special guest at dinner.
(Going along with peculiar people, it took me a while to figure out how to say that last sentence. We had a guest for dinner? We had a guest with dinner? Both of those sentences could mean we ate our guest, which could go along with who our guest was.)
Lucky was able to bring home the class pet and he chose that day specifically because it was Peculiar People Day. Jeremy and I have a thing about platypuses... platypi. "I've heard it both ways." I'm so glad Lucky brought Charm for a visit. 
Since Charm's favorite food is mushrooms, I actually ate mushrooms. I hate mushrooms but again... I'm trying to be a good example. The thing about mushrooms for me is the texture. It's like I expected the texture of escargot to be. So take a look at the picture of me thinking about eating escargot on my "French Dining Experience" blog post from June 22, 2020. That's what I look like when I eat mushrooms and can recognize the texture and taste. I will put cream of mushroom soup in things and eat mushrooms if they are on pizza.

Enough about my dislike of mushrooms. Back to the platypus. 
 
Charm joined us for a number of things that day, including opening packages that Lucky got from grandparents for his baptism. Charm and Lucky's new baptism dog became fast friends.

Thanks for visiting, Charm.

Since I didn't get pictures, I will let you know we drank chocolate milk on National Milk Day on January 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment