Friday, January 28, 2022

A Room of One's Own Day 2022

I made it very clear to the kids that Tuesday, January 25, was going to be my day off. I would make sure they got to and from school then after school they were to take care of themselves and each other, including dinner and Jet. I had plans for how I was going to relax that afternoon/evening in my room for A Room of One's Own Day. I have fond memories of celebrating this holiday in the past.
It was to be my day off.
Sigh. Days off haven't worked very well for me lately, though. I won't go into all the details. Here are just some.
While the kids were at school, Jet and I started inventorying the pantry. Oh, he had fun by the end throwing things out of boxes as soon as I put them in. Oh well. Toddler. I didn't get everything put away by the time it was time to go get Nichole and Jr. from school so after picking up Jr. and setting sleeping baby down, I finished up. By the time I finished the others were home and people were asking me for things even though they knew it was my day off. 
I went to my room for some well needed Me Time then every five to ten minutes there'd be a knock on my door from kids wanting things. Then I could hear them fighting as well. I had plans for what I was going to do to relax in my room that day. Sigh.
I don't think it went as well as I hoped. It was not relaxing at all. And the one picture I got was of something I took while inventorying.
 
The next day, January 26, was Spouses Day. I told Jeremy I wanted to support him that day. It turns out he and I both had the same idea on how to support each other with dinner for these two holidays. Winco salads and pizzas. Jeremy stopped by the store and picked up a pizza for the kids and salads for himself and me, mine that I could eat in my room on A Room of One's Own Day.
That was what I had planned to do for Spouses Day. Pizza for the kids and salads for us. I did it anyway. So we had the same two days in a row.
 
Earlier in the day on Spouses Day, Jeremy invited Jet and me to go walking with him. As soon as we got out of the van at our destination, Jeremy pointed out a bald eagle sitting in a tree. It turns out there were several bald eagles in trees and flying around, both adults and juveniles.



An eagle landed in a tree along the trail as we were walking back. I was about to get a picture when I saw another flying so I waited for it to get in the picture so I could get both birds.
 
We had a lot of fun. It was good getting out. And I was so happy to see bald eagles.


Jet (waving): Bye, Bald Eagle.
 
Jeremy: Oh no. The dilophosaurus is eating you.

Jeremy and I did little things throughout the rest of the day to support each other. I love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment