Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Bird Day 2022

6 years ago today, January 5, was my first time identifying a spotted towhee. It was National Bird Day and Jeremy, little Lucky, and I went out to try out my new binoculars and a field guide I had received for Christmas. We saw a bird in some bushes and using my binoculars I got a good look at it, though we couldn't get a picture of it. I was able to identify it, though. After that, I saw quite a few spotted towhees in numerous places but couldn't get any decent pictures until finally I got some really good ones in March of that year, 2016.
I thought it was fun that yesterday and again today, Jeremy's dad saw spotted towhees at their bird feeders and right outside their door.
Jeremy went out to do some birding today to celebrate the holiday. He had to try out some new binoculars he got this Christmas. Unfortunately it was too rainy so he didn't get to see much. Sigh.
Happy Bird Day anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment