Friday, January 22, 2021

Celebrating with the Menu Plan

O.K. Menu plan based on celebrations. I don't have a lot of pictures.

Monday, January 11, was National Milk Day. We had chocolate milk with our dinner.

Wednesday, January 13, was Korean American Day. I tried a new recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff that my sister recommended. Korean Beef and Rice

It called for soy sauce and when I pulled the soy sauce out to use it, I realized I didn't have enough. The reason? I used most of it to make Chex Mix for New Year's. Sigh. Luckily, Jeremy was out shopping and was able to pick some more up. Sigh. The kids all liked it and some commented that it tasted kind of like that Chex Mix. It was the soy sauce and brown sugar, I'm sure.

January 13 was also Peach Melba Day. I didn't make peach melba but I made peach cobbler. Mmmmmm.

Thursday, January 14, was Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day. Jr. made hot pastrami sandwiches for us. Thanks, Jr.

Friday, January 15, was National Bagel Day. We made breakfast sandwiches on bagels. Yummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment