Monday, January 3, 2022

Back To School Baby Bonding

The kids went back to school today which meant Jet got Mommy all to himself. And he didn't have anyone else to cling to so he was quite clingy with Mommy. We had some fun, though. We sang, we danced, we read books, he helped me with dishes, and he had quite a bit of fun playing with his dinosaurs. He loves those things.


When the kids got home from school he was happy to cling to them again as well while I made dinner.


Since January 3 is J.R.R. Tolkien's birthday, I asked Alexa to play "Lord of the Rings" music. She decided to play mostly "Harry Potter," music. I pointed that out to the kids.
For Family Home Evening, we watched Paddington 2 while eating orange marmalade sandwiches. Well, some of us did. Some decided they couldn't stand them and some named Jet devoured two themselves.
I kept making the kids stop the movie to make this comment, "Today is J.R.R. Tolkien's birthday, right? So and so in this movie played such and such in... Harry Potter." They got a kick out of that. I think I did it four times.
January 3 is also National Drinking Straw Day so I let the boys use the long straws to drink hot chocolate for after school snack. Those straws are fun.
I made sure to give Jet cups with straws today.

No comments:

Post a Comment