Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The School Year Begins

We survived the beginning of the school year. Yay, us. Normally I have Nemo in my head going, "First day of school! First day of school!" This year, however, I had Cocomelon in my head. The day before school started, I went around singing, "Tomorrow is the first day of school," then the day school started, "Today is the day. It's the first day of school."
The day before school started, the elementary schoolers got to meet their teachers. Lucky took his teacher an apple that was a Doctor Who reference since his teacher has a Doctor Who themed classroom. Oh yeah.
 
I forgot to get a picture of Jr. Jr. in his classroom but he was there and met his teacher. Sorry, Jr. Jr. We're excited for your year at school, too.
I did get first day of school pictures of my kids.
I was going through my checklist and saw that I needed to remember to take pictures so I got a picture of Nichole brushing her teeth and a picture of Jr. getting off his bed. Oh, and I took pictures of them outside before they headed off to school. I guess that works, too. 
My cousin farther north took pictures of her kids on their first day of school and pointed out the hazy sky in the background from fires. I can do the same. See the hazy sky in the background from fires? I pointed it out.
Jet also got his picture taken when he and I took the boys to the bus.

I thought it was fun what they had set up to welcome the high schoolers back. There were cheerleaders cheering everyone on and the student body presidency welcoming them.

After everyone was gone to school, it was Mommy and Jet time. We drank smoothies, played and sang songs, and snuggled. Jet made messes and I tried to keep up with him. 

The kids didn't have homework when they got home from school and they all did their chores so they got to celebrate the first day of school with video games. That plus it was I LOVE My Feet Day! so they played Mario games where they were running around and stomping on bad guys.
I never had my expected breakdown on the first day of school or the rest of the first week. I waited until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment