Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Catching Up on the Last Five Months- 2

From Oregon, the kids and I then headed to Washington to visit Jeremy's parents.
When we got there, the kids were content to look at books and play with toys while I chatted with my mother-in-law.  At one point she asked me to take something out to the freezer in the garage.  I went through the family room to do it.  As I was walking through I saw on the couch a rose in a vase and the stuffed "Daddy" Nichole and I made for Jeremy a few years ago.

What?  How did that get there?  When I came back into the family room to get a better look, I saw movement across the room.  IT WAS JEREMY!
It turns out Jeremy's parents flew him into Washington so I wouldn't have to drive all the way back to Utah by myself (and I'm sure they wouldn't mind the time with their son as well).
I was so happy.
I went back to where the kids were and sent them in to see what was in the family room.  DADDY!

Hello, Jeremy.  We missed you.
So we had an even better visit in Washington with Jeremy there (though we would have had a good time anyway- love my in-laws).

Things we did in Washington:
Spent time with Daddy

Picnicked and went out to eat

Found what the candy fairy left lying around

Watched a local band at the park

Went to the Museum of Flight including riding in simulators and walking through real aircraft

Went to the zoo/aquarium with cousins

Went to visit Great Grandma

Went tidepooling

Jr. Jr. brought me flowers from church

Jeremy and I got a chance to go out birding and got our target bird- pileated woodpecker.  We don't get those in Utah.  It's a big woodpecker.

That was our trip to Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment