Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Make Your Bed Day 2012

September 11 is Make Your Bed Day.  It's not very often the kids make their beds because usually they just have a blanket on top of their fitted sheet.  Not a lot to "make."  So, I though maybe this morning, the kids could actually make their bed.  Nichole likes to straighten out her blanket (when she gets around to it) and make it look pretty with some of her toys with it.  So she could do it and have fun with it.  However, I wasn't around this morning when the kids got up and when Jeremy took them to school.  Jeremy was thinking about having them make their beds, but forgot.  So, they didn't.  I also thought, maybe I could wash all the bedding and make everyone's bed for them... for service, but I didn't get around to it.
So, when Jeremy was taking out some boxes to get rid of, Jr. claimed one of them to crawl in with a pillow and made his own bed.  Creative way to celebrate.

Jr. Jr. wanted to be involved, too, so he climbed in the box with Jr. to lie down in his "bed."

I always love to see the things my kids come up with.  Love that creativity.

1 comment:

  1. I must be super mean. I make Aidan Make his bed every day but Sunday as part of his getting ready routine. Of course it means that I have to make mine too, which is kind of a bummer when all I want to do is get back into it. I have to confess that I gave myself a few minutes to do just that today.

    ReplyDelete