Friday, September 21, 2012

If You Were To Build a Time Machine...

what would it look like?

To celebrate H.G. Wells' birthday, September 21, I gave my children that challenge.  H.G. Wells wrote the novel, The Time Machine, so I asked them, "If you were to build a time machine, what would it look like?"

Jr.'s picture of his looks very much like a clock.

Nichole built two kinds.


We ran out of time today, but we plan to take one of Nichole's models for a test drive sometime soon.  We get to pretend like someone is going back in time to when I was a kid.

On a different note, before bed tonight Jr. requested to look at a Where's Waldo? book.  He told me, "because it's Waldo's birthday."  That kid pays attention.  Jeremy and I were mentioning to each other how this year is the 25th anniversary of when the first Where's Waldo? book was introduced in 1987 and Jr. caught on to that and wanted to celebrate.


Today is also International Peace Day.  Jr. heard me mention it at breakfast and got excited to tear off a "piece" of his zucchini bread to show me.

Whew.  Busy day for celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment