Friday, September 14, 2012

I Love Second Chances

I mentioned in August that I didn't have time on National Lighthouse Day to make the mini lighthouse from FamilyFun Magazine.  Well, lucky me, September 14th is the anniversary of when the first lighthouse in America was lit in Boston in 1716.  Hurray.  We had enough time for planning this time.
This project was also in the August 2011 issue of FamilyFun Magazine.

We made 2 1/2 lighthouses.  The 1/2 is because halfway through making his, Jr. Jr. decided he was tired and wanted to go to sleep.  So we paused and as soon as I got him down from the table, he started running around with the other kids.
I put on Pete's Dragon (because a lighthouse has a big part in it) and the kids sat down to watch.  Pretty soon, Jr. Jr. leaned over and fell asleep on the couch.
We paused the movie and the older kids finished their lighthouses (with some help from Mom).

They did a great job.

I love finding reasons to celebrate.

3 comments:

  1. Earlier in the day, Jr. and I also flew airplanes around the lighthouse in Wii Sports Resort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We were quite pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete