Sunday, November 7, 2021

General Conference

Nichole: I can't wait for General Conference.
Lucky: Me, too. Nachos... and learning stuff.
 
Jr. Jr. and I finally got our hiking trip in. Before the first session of General Conference, he and I headed up to Big Springs to hike. It was beautiful weather. There were turkeys, of course.

And the Fall colors? Mmm, I went to my happy place again.

 
We reached our goal destination then hurried back down and made it to the van before the first session of General Conference started. Yay. 

Talk about the benefits of technology. Jr. Jr. and I listened to Conference on the radio during our drive home, then I listened to it on the internet on my phone while I was getting something to bring inside, then everyone was watching it on TV when I got inside. Woohoo. Love it.

We of course had our traditional General Conference Nachos both days.
For the Saturday evening general session, we made brownies which everybody got to eat at the same time since we all got to watch the session together. Woohoo. Yay for a general session on Saturday evening. They were thinking of just stopping having the Saturday evening session completely but I'm glad they changed it to having a general session.
By the way, we did start the brownies from the middle of the pan as is our tradition.

Sunday afternoon after the last session we thought we'd head up to Big Springs as a family, maybe take some family pictures. Apparently everyone else had the same idea. So much traffic. So many parked cars. We drove up South Fork Road, didn't even turn into the parking lot at Big Springs Park, but turned around and joined the long line of cars going down the road back to Provo Canyon, where we turned right instead of left so that when we turned around later, it was easier to be on the road already to join the long line of cars just past Bridal Veil Falls heading out of the canyon. Wow. I'm so glad Jr. Jr. and I were able to get out Saturday morning.
So no family pictures. But we found Waldo.

And Nichole found him another day at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment