Saturday, November 27, 2021

Turkeys and Veterans and Pizza, Oh My

Jeremy was out of town at a fair convention so the kids and I celebrated a few things without him.
 
Jr. Jr. and Lucky went to a little Thanksgiving Dinner where they got to do crafts and eat food.

The next day, November 11, was Veterans Day.
It was also National Sundae Day so we had Chinese Sundaes, also known as Hawaiian Haystacks.
The next day, November 12 was Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day. Sadly there have been a few years when we've missed this holiday. Can you believe it? I made sure to celebrate it this year. Individual pizzas with lots of choices for sauces and toppings including dessert pizzas.

That day, Jr. also entered a Fablehaven trivia contest at school because the newest Dragonwatch book came out in October and they had a couple copies to check out. The two people with the most points would get to check out the book first and the top 10 scorers would get a metal bookmark. 
When Nichole and Jet and I picked him up from school, I asked how it went because he'd been studying/reading books to prepare. He let me know he got 11th place. Oh, no. That's too bad. Barely missed it. We gave him sympathy.
Mom: Oh, man. Seriously, you got 11th place?
Jr.: Just kidding. I got 10th.
Mom: Really? So you did get a bookmark. Ha Ha Ha Ha.
Jr.: Yeah. 1+0=10, right?
Mom: No. It equals 1.
Jr.: Oh, so I guess I got 1st place.
That made me laugh because he totally had us going. Thinking how sad that he didn't even get a bookmark, to happy to find out he did, to ecstatic to find out he got to check out the new book first. Yay! Nice one, Jr. He also got to check out another book and besides the bookmark, he also got some stickers.
Way to go, Jr.
I keep telling you we're Brandon Mull fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment