Saturday, November 20, 2021

Beginning November

Woohoo. We've reached November in our quest to catch up on my blog. 
You know what November is, don't you? National Novel Writing Month! How appropriate that November 1 is National Author's Day. Nichole had a goal to finish the first draft of her novel before November. She reached that goal and celebrated with hot chocolate in the composition mug
My goal for NaNoWriMo is to read her first draft and give her feedback.
November 1 was also National Cinnamon Day. I had apple cinnamon oatmeal.

Nichole needed to go out to get pictures to make up for her digital photography class she missed during quarantine so she and I went out to Bicentennial Park on November 2 to get some pictures. It was a lovely evening. We heard a belted kingfisher soon after we got to the park and later saw it flying around. That's a bird I expect to find at that park. Love it. We also saw a turtle swimming around and plenty of little birds, chickadees and finches and such.
We had some good lighting that evening for pictures and it was a pleasant outing.

November 3 was Sandwich Day. We didn't have peanut butter or tuna fish sandwiches (remember Lilo & Stitch?). Instead, Jet and Lucky both helped me make french bread rolls from Mel's Kitchen Cafe to try out ham sliders from The Food Nanny. Mmmmmm.

November 3 was also Stress Awareness Day and yes, I am aware that I have a lot of stress in my life. But November is also a month of gratitude and gratitude can be a great stress reliever. Last year I wrote about #GiveThanks and "No-Stress November" tips from the Orem Library. I think it's a good idea to look back at the post I put up on November 27, 2020 for ideas on how to get through the stress.
Since we're talking about gratitude, I'll mention something I'm grateful for. I'm grateful I have hair. Not everyone does.

November 4 was National Candy Day. The kids finished off the candy corn left over from Candy Corn Day.
November 4 was also Men Make Dinner Day. Jr. made pizza for us.
Looking at my blog post from last year, the men made a similar dinner that day.

November 5 was Guy Fawkes Day. Alexa and I explained a little bit about who Guy Fawkes was to some of the children.
November 5 was also Doughnut Day. As I've been doing lately with any doughnut or donut (depending on how you spell it) related holiday or celebration, I made cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins from Mel's Kitchen Cafe again. I'll tell you, they are much faster and easier to make than real doughnuts and so tasty.

So there you go. The first week of November... mostly. November 6 deserves its own blog post so look for that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment