Sunday, December 27, 2020

More About Christmas

Yesterday I did a quick blog post about Christmas. Here's a little more detail. 

For #LightTheWorld we went around the dinner table telling what we love about each other. That was really nice. We did our Christmas Eve program where we recorded ourselves telling about our year, read our last scripture for our advent calendar, and shared our testimonies with each other. Then the kids opened pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa (I opened pajama bottoms from Jeremy) and changed into them to sleep in.

The boys left veggies out for Santa because we didn't make cookies. It's that kind of year. 

Speaking of that kind of year, I tried to get a picture of all of us Christmas Eve. The only picture I got of everyone looking at the camera with a nice look on their face was out of focus. Oh, well. 2020.

The next morning while we opened presents we did a video call with Jeremy's parents so they could "be there" with us. I called my parents later on in the day to wish them a Happy Christmas. It was a relaxing day.

The day after Christmas continued to be relaxing. Jeremy and I did take a quick drive with Jet into Provo Canyon, up South Fork Road, since December 26 is Wren Day. We didn't see any birds (except for one that flitted up the side of the road that I couldn't identify), just some deer.

So there you go.

P.S. Lucky mentioned how he liked how last year the kids decorated their own bookmarks that I then wrapped for them for Christmas. I got out cardstock strips and crayons and let the kids decorate some again this year which made Lucky happy. I did make them rice warmers, though, as well.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy got several bird themed presents like a tie with birds on it, a birding book, and a birding game to name a few.

    ReplyDelete