Friday, December 4, 2020

National Cookie Day 2020

You know the saying, "Be careful what you wish for." You may have also heard, "Be careful what you pray for." I mentioned in my last post about taking the opportunity to serve my children with a good attitude. I've been given that chance again. After the kids got home from school, I let them watch a movie while I washed dishes and made dinner. Nichole helped out by watching Jet so I could. After dinner, the kids and I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for National Cookie Day, December 4. We used a recipe my grandma used that all the cousins remember from when we were growing up. Whenever one of my cousins makes these cookies and posts about them on Facebook, it brings back good memories.

While we made the cookies, Jeremy and I told the kids stories about their great grandma.

Nichole entertained me while the cookies were in the oven with a couple of her handmade puppets reciting, "The Jabberwocky." Thanks, Nichole.

The cookies turned out great. Thanks, kids.

 

Doing this service in our family felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment