Monday, April 11, 2022

A New Twist on an Old Joke

It's tradition for me to play a Kool-aid joke on my kids for April Fool's Day. I've been doing it for years. Originally, I put gelatin in cups with straws and let it set. When the kids tried to drink the colored flavored sugar water, they were in for a surprise. They did get colored flavored sugar water. It was just gelatinous colored flavored sugar water. I did that for a couple years and got them each year. Other ways I've fooled them is by putting actual Kool-aid in the cups so when they were expecting Jello, they got Kool-aid. I've put Jello in a pitcher. I've put Kool-aid in a pitcher. 
This year, Jeremy suggested something different and it worked. I put food coloring in regular water so when they poured Kool-aid from the pitcher then drank it, it just tasted like water.

I told people I was not making dinner again that night (besides the drink) so they helped out. Jr. Jr. made peanut butter sandwiches with a surprise inside- graham crackers and pancake syrup. They tasted good.

Jet played a joke on me that day. Normally when it's time to take kids to school, he's willing to get up and get in the van (especially if he brings a dinosaur with him). That morning he did not want to get up at all and he made it very well known that he did not want to get up at all. It was definitely something trying to get him ready and out the door. Sigh. Oh well.
 
That morning I also made lunch for both Jeremy and Nichole and wrote notes on their bags saying, "Didn't think I'd make you lunch today, did you? April Fool's!"

Here is a picture of a couple of April Fools.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment