Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Pigs in a Blanket Day

April 24 was Pigs in a Blanket Day. Kids made dinner... sort of. Nobody wanted to be in charge of fruits or vegetables. Nichole wanted to use up the open containers of ice cream and call that good for dessert. Lucky helped Jr. make pigs in a blanket so he didn't want to be in charge of something else so he finally made Kool-aid. Jr. Jr. wanted to make braided rolls again (admittedly they turned out cute, braided and snails). So that was our dinner. Pigs in a blanket, rolls, Kool-aid, and ice cream. 
 
Jeremy made a suggestion to me later. Like a rotating chore chart or our family home evening chart, we should make a rotating chart with food assignments: main dish, bread or other grain side, fruit or veggie, dessert, and drink can be extra if someone wants something besides water. I used to ask the kids in advance what they wanted to make when they were in charge of dinner so we had all of those covered. I didn't this time. Sigh. I like the rotating food assignment chart idea. That way it can be different than a potluck where anyone can bring anything.
 
Looking back at my blog over the last couple years, we've had some of the dinners kids make that haven't been so successful. I guess I've been seeing how well our at-home potlucks are going. Those kids just need more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment