Friday, April 17, 2020

March 32, 2020

There is a tradition in our family for me to fool the kids by making "Kool-Aid" with dinner on April Fool's Day. I make Jello and let it set in cups with straws. Last year I let it set in a pitcher and watched the kids' reaction as they expected the drink to just flow freely.
This year I even heard Jr. Jr. earlier in the day mentioning that we were going to have Jello with dinner. Little did he know what I had planned. I prepared dinner and had the kids set the table, except for cups. Mom would take care of cups. That made them suspect Jello all the more. So when we all sat down to dinner, this is what we got:
Actual Kool-Aid. They were able to suck it up so easily through the straws. "Wait. Is this Kool-Aid?"
Red-and-White Mostaccioli from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner. I used a few different types of pasta in the dish for a little April Fool's fun. (I also used homemade alfredo sauce and homemade spaghetti sauce not from The Food Nanny recipes)
"Garlic" bread. I made two loaves. The first loaf the kids got into turned out to have cinnamon sugar instead of garlic salt. Surprise. When they asked to have some from the second loaf, they were surprised again to find it was actually garlic bread.
These are the kinds of April Fool's Day jokes I like. Nobody gets hurt or mad and everyone gets something good out of it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment