Monday, April 25, 2022

National Picnic Day 2022

April 23 was Celebrate Trails Day and it was National Picnic Day. Since Jeremy and Nichole were off on another birding field trip, the boys and I talked about going hiking and taking a picnic with us. Jr. really wanted to play Frisbee, though, so we compromised. We went to a park with walking trails where Jet and I walked around while the boys played Frisbee. Then we joined them for a bit before having a picnic on top of a hill. I was surprised Riverview Park wasn't as crowded on a Saturday afternoon/evening. I guess since it's not Summer yet... and there was a bit of wind... and it did rain the day before and looked like it could rain again... and it was jacket weather... Who knows?
First picnic of the season. I'm hoping we have a lot more picnics like we did last year.
 
When we got home, Jr. Jr. made us trail mix to go along with the Celebrate Trails holiday. Then I made cherry cheesecake to celebrate the other holiday that day, National Cherry Cheesecake Day.
Aaagh. I got a splinter in my hand. 
Nichole didn't know how to react to that. I really did get a splinter in my hand then I got it out myself before putting the cherry topping on the cheesecake. I just needed her to get me some paper towels.

Here are some of Nichole's pictures from Jeremy's and Nichole's trip (they got to see sharp-tailed grouse this time):
       

No comments:

Post a Comment