Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Can't Think of a Title for this Post

April Fool's.
The kids got a surprise when they tried to drink their "Kool-aid" at dinner.  It wasn't long before I heard, "Is this Jello?" 

Yep.  The kids were with us when we got a box of gelatin at the store yesterday, but they didn't guess that when I made it I would pour it into cups with straws and let it set in the fridge.
I got the idea when I was reading the April 2014 issue of FamilyFun Magazine and somebody said they had done that to their kids for April Fool's Day. 
I found out later that a friend of ours had done the same thing to her kids today.  Ha Ha.
Our kids did have a lot of fun eating the Jello with straws.  Some of it was sucked up through the straws, some of it scooped.

The last laugh was on me, though.  I had to clean the Jello stains off the table and off Jr. Jr.'s face.  And I had to start Jr. Jr.'s clothes washing in the washing machine.


Jr. lost another tooth at school today. 
This evening he told me he was going to play a trick on the tooth fairy.  He put a note on his tooth pillow that said:
 I lost my tooth.  Can you find it?  April Fools!
The note had an arrow pointing to his treasure chest with his tooth in it, which was not in his pillow.
He got a big kick out of telling me the joke he was going to play on the tooth fairy.  I love it.  I love his creativity.  I hope the tooth fairy gets a kick out of it, too.
Happy April 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment