Thursday, April 14, 2022

Submarine Day 2022

April 11 was National Submarine Day so we had meatball subs for dinner.
Jet helped me make buns using a Mel's Kitchen Cafe recipe for fluffy whole wheat dinner rolls. I think he was a little confused when I actually gave him permission to punch down the dough. Usually he likes to poke it on his own and especially when I don't want him to.
I used frozen meatballs but got a homemade marinara sauce recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff to put in the sub and put provolone cheese on top. Yumm. Then I tried a new recipe from Budget Bytes for bacon and spinach pasta with parmesan for a side dish. Also yumm.

I also put on "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles and the Kingsmen singing "Louie Louie" to celebrate International Louie Louie Day, which is actually a holiday about that song. Yeah, I went around much of the day singing, "Louie Louie," unintelligibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment