Saturday, April 23, 2022

Garlic and Fries

April 19 was Garlic Day. I made garlic bread to go along with lasagna that I didn't get pictures of. What I did get pictures of was the beautiful dough after it raised and before I shaped it into french bread loaves. I like baking.
I also got a picture of the ricotta cheese before I used it in the lasagna. The seal on it says EZPEEL. Sigh. I could NOT get any more of that seal peeled off. I just couldn't. So much for Easy Peel. I ended up scooping it out through the section I did get off. Sigh.

April 20 was Cheddar Fries Day. I was going to make a cheddar cheese sauce but I ended up just getting some nacho cheese out of the freezer and using that. Then I thought I'd add some chili to make it a good rounded chili cheese fries side dish.
I also spent I don't know how much time debating whether to run to the store to buy hamburger buns or not. There wasn't time to make hamburger buns and the rolls I made previously were too small for the size of hamburgers we had. I finally decided to use bagels we had in the cupboard. Of course later it finally donned on me- how many times in the past have we used regular bread when we had burgers? Duh. But the bagels worked nicely.

O.K. And I didn't get any pictures but April 21 was Yellow Bat Day and I did check out some books about bats at the library and Jet did look at some.

No comments:

Post a Comment