Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Light the World

I'll be honest.  Last December wasn't my best Christmas season.  We try to focus on the Savior with our Countdown to Christmas scripture study every December.  It just didn't do it for me last year.  I got wrapped up in, "Oh no.  We're just going to be bringing more stuff into our home.  Our place is a mess already.  The kids have too much stuff as it is and sorting through things to get rid of some has always been hard for me."  I was not happy about Christmas last year.  I couldn't focus on the true meaning of Christmas when I was so stressed about "stuff."
This year I found something that I hope will change my attitude.  It's called LIGHTtheWORLD and it is a focus on 25 days of December not just thinking about Jesus but being like Jesus.  You can find more information on mormon.org
It starts off with a worldwide day of service on December 1 (Jesus Lifted Others' Burdens and So Can You) and each of the rest of the days until Christmas there are suggestions for what Jesus did and how we can be like Him.
I plan to blog and make some YouTube videos throughout the month as well as posting on Facebook some of the things we're doing so keep coming back to see and let me know what you're doing to LIGHTtheWORLD.
Because of this we might not be celebrating a lot of the other holidays in December but as my husband told me, "We like finding reasons to celebrate and some reasons are more important than others."
I really hope this can help me have a better attitude toward Christmas this year.  I hope I can focus less on how stressful things are for me and really think more about what I can do for others as the Savior would.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment